Friday, April 5, 2013

Chocolate Coconut Protein Balls


Chocolate Coconut Protein Balls


My healthy eating habits and my sweet tooth often fight… a lot! These protein balls have no sugar, no flour, no oil but they taste like little cookies sent from heaven on a sparkly rainbow… or something like that! ;-) They’re GOOD!


 

Ingredients:
½ Cup Oats (I use whole wheat, uncooked)
2 Tbs Peanut Butter (I like doing 1 tbs creamy with 1 tbs chunky)
1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (I use "Healthy 100% Whey" "Chocolate Milk" from HyVee - picture below)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbs Flaxseed (I use ground flaxseed)
1 Egg White
1 Tbs Coconut Extract (If you reeeally like a strong coconut taste, use 2 tbs ;-)
¼ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
*I like to make a double batch! This makes about 9 balls, not enough! ;-)
*For Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, double the peanut butter and egg white and ex-nay the coconut.


 










Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
Roll into balls (around 1 ½ tbs in size – it’s really sticky, have fun!)
Place on cookie sheet with parchment paper
Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes depending on the size you made the balls.


 



  







Enjoy!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment